Skip to main content

Put Off Stepping on the Mat

They don't realize that procrastination is actually a manifestation of being unable to regulate emotions and accurately predict how we will feel tomorrow, or the next day. It is self-sabbotage, in disguise. (Giai.com
The longer we go in our day without eating our first yoga pose, the more likely we are to miss it.  SavvyZen has suggestions about how to get out of the procrastination cycle.  10 suggestions, in fact.  even, to do "fast yoga" if nothing else is working! 
Not knowing where to start, or not knowing how to start yoga can offer enough challenge to make anyone hesitant so JynNefer Maat-Brice wrote a primer blog about what to expect in pretty much any yoga class, so there are no surprises.  It also can help us to choose a style, if we live in an area where choice is possible.
royalty-free vector - vectorstock.com
The Psychology Today writer says when individuals have an incomplete plan uncertainty stops people in their tracks.  So, fantasizing is nectar for the procrastanant.  Planning is the solution. (The Chopra Centre
Using yoga to avoid procrastinating yoga seems a bit cyclical, but that is the suggestion at Spirit Voyage.
I am procrastinating doing my Sun Salutation A and Sun Salutation B by writing this post.  But, now I have a few tips to get me started earlier in the day.  I will firm my intentions, and not fantasize.  Why?  Did I hear you ask why?  
I am not the same person I was before yoga.  My life has a before and after fissure.  Thankfully, I no longer live in my pre-yoga world.  For me, procrastination is turning into thirst.

Comments

  1. Haha thanks for the link back to my site! Good article! We can never beat procrastination, we just develop better strategies to fight it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Ian from Savvy Zen btw :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Other Little Posts